The protection of personal data is important to EJOLIFE GmbH. That is why EJOLIFE processes personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection law. This data protection declaration describes which personal data we collect and process about you, for what purpose this is done and what rights you have with regard to your personal data.
- PURPOSE OF DATA PROCESSING AND LEGAL BASIS
As part of your use of our website and / or your business relationship with us, EJOLIFE processes the following personal data:
- Contact information, such as first and last names, business address, business telephone number, business mobile phone number, business fax number and business e-mail address,
- Payment data, such as information required to process payment transactions or prevent fraud, including credit card information and card verification numbers,
- Other personal data that you voluntarily provide yourself (e.g. when registering on our website or in the context of inquiries to us) or that are otherwise required in the context of processing a contractual relationship with EJOLIFE and
- Information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or device, such as your IP address, device type, browser type, previously visited website, visited sub-pages and the date and time of the respective visitor request.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Enabling the use of the functions of our website
- Communication with interested parties and customers about our products, e.g. to process inquiries or provide further information about products,
- Planning, implementation and processing of the (contractual) business relationship between EJOLIFE and customers, e.g. to process the order of products and collect payments,
- Carrying out customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analyzes, sweepstakes, competitions or similar campaigns and events,
- Compliance with (i) legal requirements (e.g. tax and commercial retention obligations) and (ii) existing obligations to carry out compliance screenings (to prevent white-collar crime or money laundering).
The legal basis for data processing is:
- the implementation and fulfillment of a contract with you (Article 6 (1) (b) of the General Data Protection Regulation),
- the fulfillment of legal obligations to which EJOLIFE is subject (Article 6 (1) (c) of the General Data Protection Regulation), or
- the protection of legitimate interests of EJOLIFE (Article 6 (1) (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation). The legitimate interest of EJOLIFE lies in the processing of your personal data for the purpose of offering and operating our website and the initiation, implementation and processing of the business relationship with you.
In some cases, we expressly ask for your consent to the processing of personal data. In this case, the legal basis for the processing of personal data is the consent you have given (Article 6 (1) (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation).
- DATA COLLECTION FOR THE PURPOSE OF SENDING PRODUCT INFORMATION
We want to keep our customers up to date about the EJOLIFE product portfolio and inform them about innovations and interesting offers. That is why we process the e-mail address of our customers in order to inform you about EJOLIFE products that are related to products purchased in the past.
The legal basis for processing the above data for sending product information is Article 6 (1) (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation and Section 15 (3) of the Act against Unfair Competition.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for this purpose at any time. In this case, please contact us at: email@example.com
For the purpose of usage analysis and the needs-based design of our website, EJOLIFE also creates usage profiles with information on the sub-pages you have accessed and usage actions carried out using the web analysis service Google Analytics. Usage profiles are created on a pseudonymous basis, ie EJOLIFE does not make any reference to you personally.
You may object to the creation of user profiles. You set a so-called exclusion cookie in your browser. This does not contain any personal data, but enables EJOLIFE to exclude the creation of usage profiles by Google Analytics.
- ANALYSIS TOOLS
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure a needs-based design and continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for you in order to optimize our offer. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned regulation.
- Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see section 3) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type / version,
- operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of the server request,
are transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage for the purposes of market research and needs-based design of this website. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of us. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting the browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that in this case not all functions of this website can be used to their full extent.
You can also prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on ( https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de ).
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics Help Center ( https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de ).
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This data protection declaration only applies to the EJOLIFE website and offers and not to third-party websites and applications. Our website may contain links to third-party websites and applications that may be of interest to you. EJOLIFE is not responsible for the collection and your data in the context of websites or applications that are not operated by EJOLIFE or their content.
- TRANSMISSION AND FORWARDING OF PERSONAL DATA
If necessary, EJOLIFE transmits your personal data to:
- Partner companies, if this is necessary in connection with the initiation, implementation or processing of the business relationship with you,
- IT service providers who process data as part of their service provision (such as service providers for IT maintenance activities), or
- Courts, courts of arbitration, authorities or legal advisors, if this is necessary to comply with applicable law or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
- RETENTION PERIODS
If no express storage period is specified during the collection (e.g. in the context of a declaration of consent), your personal data will be deleted if they are no longer required to fulfil the purpose of storage, unless there are statutory retention obligations (e.g. commercial and tax retention obligations) towards deletion.
- YOUR RIGHTS
According to the applicable data protection law, you may have the right:
- to request a confirmation as to whether EJOLIFE is processing personal data about you and to receive information about the personal data processed by EJOLIFE as well as further information,
- to request the correction of incorrect personal data,
- to request the deletion of the personal data processed by EJOLIFE,
- to request the restriction of the processing of personal data by EJOLIFE,
- to request the transfer of the data or
- to object to the processing of personal data by EJOLIFE.
Further information and explanations on the rights mentioned can be found on the “Rights for Citizens” website of the European Commission.
- CONTACT PERSON
EJOLIFE’s data protection officer supports you with all questions relating to data protection. Complaints can also be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
We always strive to address your inquiries and complaints and to resolve them.